Traveling by canoe is the traditional way to see the North Maine Woods and the best way to see wildlife up close.
A few reasons you may want to consider Mahoosuc Guide Service for a canoe trip vacation are:
• We are Master Maine Guides with 30 and 40 years of experience.
• We have been in business since 1989.
• We are former ACA certified Instructors and Instructor trainers.
• We are full time professional guides. Guiding is all we do.
• Mahoosuc Guide Service offers the only Canoe River Guide Training Course in Maine.
• We handcraft our own cedar-canvas canoes, paddles, and setting poles.
• We developed one of the first River Rescue courses for professional guides back in 1985.
• We received the State of Maine’s “Excellence in Nature Based Tourism Award.”
• We are able to design custom trips for families or friends and cater to any special needs you may have.
September 7 - 12
$1300 per person
The Allagash was our Nation’s first river to receive the “Wild and Scenic Rivers” designation. Understandably Maine’s most famous canoe trip, the Allagash is in many ways the most representative of its canoe country. It is rich in wildlife such as moose, otter, eagle and osprey and historic artifacts from the river logging era.
The rapids are beginner level, and the only portage is around the spectacular 50 ft. Allagash Falls. We choose to paddle the Allagash at times of the year that avoid the crowds and the bugs. We travel 4-5 hours by canoe each day, but there is usually ample time at camp for swimming, fishing, reading or just plain relaxing. Campsites are comfortable with outhouses, picnic tables and a stone fire pit.
Our standard Allagash trip is 6 days and we put in below Chase Rapids (class II) and we take out in Moosetown, otherwise known as Allagash Village.
Visit our Video Gallery to view new dogsledding and canoeing videos! Click Here
Call us at 207-824-2073 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org